Monday, December 06, 2010

String blocks

Part 3 of the RRCB

 OMG I just finished my first 4 blocks of part 3 of the RRCB mystery and its so much fun. I have never sewn strips or strings as the call this before. We where supposed to sew on paper that´s 8.5'' square. I didn´t have anything in that size and copy paper is a $%&/" to rip of the back so I was off to the dollar store. I found some writing block in the dollar store but it was just 8''x 11 so I thought I would try anyway. And it worked i just have to sew the strips a little longer on 1 end and it comes of so nicely i dond´t have to use any tools to take the paper off. I am really happy with the blocks and looking forward to the next 56, lol. So off to the sewing table.

2 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Great Attitude Katie! They sure look a million times better when they are trimmed. Kind of like us...like before breakfast or after lipstick :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Your string blocks are gorgeous. I can't wait to see your finished quilt.